- O'Neill, R., & Wilks, R. (2023). Deaf Education in Scotland and Wales. (Article in preparation).
- Wilks, R. (2023). Developing Deaf Legal Theory. (Article in preparation).
- Wilks, R. (2023). Making Equality Law Work for Deaf People. (Article in preparation).
- Wilks, R. (2023). The Precepts and Deaf Equality Concepts. (Article in preparation).
Contributions to books
- Wilks, R, 'Developing Deaf Legal Theory' in McAuliffe, K and Solan, L, Encylopaedia of Language and Law (Edward Elgar, forthcoming)
- Wilks, R, ‘Developing Deaf jurisprudence: the role of interpreters and translators’, in Stone, C, Adam, R, Müller de Quadros, R and Rathmann, C, Routledge Handbook of Sign Language Translation and Interpreting (Routledge, 2022).
- Lawson, L, McLean, F, O’Neill, R and Wilks, R, ‘Recognising British Sign Language in Scotland’, in De Meulder, M, McKee, R and Murray, J, The Legal Recognition of Sign Languages: Advocacy and Outcomes Around the World (Multilingual Matters, 2019).
- Wilks, R. & O’Neill, R. (2022). Deaf Education in Scotland and Wales: Attitudes to British Sign Language in deaf education compared to Gaelic and Welsh. https://blogs.ed.ac.uk/deafeducation/wp-content/uploads/sites/5764/2022/10/2-FINAL-REPORT.pdf.
- O’Neill, R., & Wilks, R. (2021). The impact of the British Sign Language (Scotland) Act 2015 on deaf education. https://blogs.ed.ac.uk/deafeducation/wp-content/uploads/sites/5764/2021/11/FINAL-REPORT.pdf.
- Brattan-Wilson, J and Wilks, R, ‘Making the law work for young Deaf people’ (Royal Association for Deaf people 2012)
- Masterson, D, ‘Disability Discrimination Act 1995, why do barriers still exist for d/Deaf people?’ (Wilks, R, ed, Royal Association for Deaf people 2007)
- Rob Wilks, ‘Legal Analysis: Examining suggested workplace improvements for D/deaf workers’ (LexisPSL, 15 September 2016)
- Wilks, R, ‘Brexit – what impact will Brexit have on the Deaf community?’ (British Deaf News, 1 November 2016)
- Wilks, R, ‘Brexit – UK’s greatest constitutional crisis yet?’ (British Deaf News, 1 October 2016)
- Wilks, R, ‘Brexit – what’s it all about?’ (British Deaf News, 1 September 2016)
- Wilks, R, ‘We don’t need a BSL Act, apparently’ (British Deaf News, 1 June 2016)
- Wilks, R, ‘Analysis: Are you in court and know the interpreter well? Inform the judge’ (British Deaf News, December 2015)
- Rob Wilks, ‘Deaf people and access to legal services’ (Limping Chicken, 21 May 2012)